Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eclectic is my middle name...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Patience
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Luxury
Cut/Copy - Zonoscope
Holly Miranda - The Magician's Prrivate Library
Robyn - Body Talk Pt 1
Robyn - Body Talk Pt 2

A dull, wet day...



No further work again but, again, listening to ensure the music side of things is actually finalised...

With the music ok, on to the packaging fine tuning re booklet content for the extras...

So far the mock up's looking like this...







To HMV at lunchtime...

Partook of four items in the "swapshop" 2nd hand section at two quid each - Aussies Cut/Copy (80's style electropop - the last track, the 15 minute "Sun God" is worth the £2 on its own), kooky girl Holly Miranda (very much recommended interesting music) and two from Scandinavian dance diva, Robyn...

Eclectic is my middle name (or "cheapskate" perhaps?)...

The young man at the counter tried to encourage me to bring in some of my CDs or DVDs, for which he promised HMV would give me a gift card and add 50p for each item they accept...

With that buy/sell model, maybe there's hope for HMV yet...

Puts the value of my collection into perspective though...

50p a disc - and not even hard cash, just a credit to buy more CDs..

And if I do, for, say, £10, it's actually only worth 50p and not even hard cash etc etc...

So, basically, I pay £9.50 to "hire" a CD from them...

Oof...

In the evening, tasty pizzas baked on an inherited pizza stone, followed by Tivo'd "Line of Duty" (excellent) and "Twenty Twelve" (also excellent)...

Then updating yesterday's entry to add a few pics and remind myself of the forgotten about this morning tooth-fix...

Memory not what it once was...

Also found my excel spreadsheet of CDs I own is now over 100 discs behind the times...

My list making is never ending...

Highlight of the Day : New music, good tivo'd telly, tasty pizza...

No comments: