Friday, November 25, 2011

While the cat's away, even though she's still here...

Playlist
Wilco - Kicking Television
Various - The Blue Note Box
Isaac Hayes - The Very Best of Isaac Hayes
Sclater, McKenzie and Cloudland Blue Quartet - December Set
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Bill Evans - Everybody Digs Bill Evans
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah um
Dave Brubeck - Time Out
John Coltrane - Blue Train
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
Miles Davis - In Person Friday Night at the Blackhawk
Various - One Album a Year 1951-2011

Awoke and thought my ankle was a bit better but walking was still a non-starter without the crutches, so I stayed in all day and all night...

Won a 3CD set on e-bay for £2 - jazz from the late 50's - turns out I have every note included already...

Idiot...

The day started horrible, stormy, windy and rainy...



Got slightly better just as Anne's chum Michelle and sister and niece popped round to whisk the Exec Producer through to Glasgow for tonight's Bryan Adams concert...

Left to my own devices, I proceeded to waste much of the day compiling a list of an album a year from 1951 to 2011 and ripping those from said pile of discs not already on the hard drive in a possible project for an upcoming 60th birthday celebration...

Other than a break to cook and eat some tasty chorizo based spaghetti whilst watching "Dad's Army" - and a cheering call from Count Brodski - I spent the entire day at the PC...

By evening time, I noted the pain in the achilles dissipating somewhat, allowing me to make my way around the house (except for upa nd down the stairs) without the use of the crutches...

Hopefully, my recovery will be closer to the two week estimate rather than the six to eight week estimate...

No doubt Meg the Black Cat and I will be staying up unfeasibly late tonight without the Exec Producer to Executively Produce us into bed at a reasonable hour...

While the cat's away, erm, even though she's still here...

Highlight of the Day : Pain receeding a little, let's see what it's like tomorrow...

No comments: