Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seventeen songs...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Souvenir XIX

November away...



Up at an unfeasible 4:30am and updating the blog, helped of course by Meg the Black Cat...



I'm quite busy right now and updating has slipped...

Also, a first stab at choosing seldom heard recordings or working on remixes to include in the new version of "Souvenir XIX" - the one recorded for the aborted Melville gig has been shelved and this new version reflects the ten CBQ songs which will be aired on Friday evening...

At 10, a call from my mum...

When she was visiting Pam last night with her friend Janette and Pam's old schoolchum Liz, sadly, another big seizure occured - her first for a couple of weeks at least - from my mum's description it was similar to those she had five weeks ago while staying at our house - and which led to her being admitted to The Western...

Having experienced this, I know it's not something my mum will have wanted to see and the memory of it will haunt and be unable to be forgotten...

I called the hospice immediately and received an update which advised Pam was ok this morning, slept a little later but had managed to eat breakfast...

The occasional medication being administered to keep tremors under contriol and seizures at bay has now been increased to hourly doses and this has the consequence of increased sleepiness...

Dreadful, terrible stuff - and the worst thing is, we all know it's not going to get any better...

Trying as best I could to put these thoughts out of my mind and with Anne out for a meet with chum Theresa, I made my way to Kat McKenzie's place for a trio rehearsal for Friday...

A good night's work and things are in place - or as in place as they can be with just two rehearsals (thanks to my leg problems) and some playing along with recordings...

Some issues were ironed out though and Ian and Kat each learned one more of my songs while I learned another of Kat's...

All in all then, I will play six CBQ songs solo (including four from the upcoming LP which soundtracked the rest of my day), a further three as a trio and one more as a duo as well as being a duo with Kat on one of her songs and a trio on three more of Kat's and three of Ian's...

So seventeen songs in all - the most I've played live for a good while...



Back home and a reassuring call to my mum before some telly then off to bed, very tired after the early start...

Highlight of the Day : Pam ok after a rough evening yesterday...

1 comment:

lindsay said...

Oh dear...sorry to hear thatxx