Monday, November 21, 2011

The abstract expressionist feelgood factor...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Various - 50 Recent Albums on Shuffleplay
John Coltrane - Coltrane's Blues
Sclater, McKenzie & CBQ - December Set
Impossible Songs - Wild West Lothian
Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare

First thing, to the dentist to hopefully have my wayward molar fixed at last - alas, part of what remained of it sheered off when Dr Fenny was trying to remove the four week old temporary filling...

Mucho pain, sorted again for another couple of weeks with something called Fugee and some judicious planing down of the remains of the tooth to avoid it being pressurised too much...

A frozen face when, mid morning, a call from the hospital to advise Pam was to go to the hospice before mid-day...

A call an hour or so later to advise it was happening and could someone go to the hospital and collect all her stuff which they weren't able to take in the ambulance...

The Exec Producer duly obliged, before picking me up and driving us out to Fairmilehead...

A call to my mum and texting sister Sheila...

At the hospice, Pam is in a good sized room with one other lady whom we've not met yet - and a TV - Pam was enjoying Corrie and Emmerdale while we were in and we gave her her lunch...

The nursing staff are very attentive and it's a lovely relaxed atmosphere...

Pam seems quite happy here and it was a good visit - she even managed a few words - I'm just so glad and relieved she's not upset about coming here from the hospital...

In all the flurry of questions and form filling, I forgot to take any pictures but I can advise that, as is now the usual for Pam, she took it in her stride and was giving people smiles as appropriate - if only she could communicate more than this - I internally chastised myself for all the times in the past I've told her to stop talking so much - I'd give anything to hear her chattering away now...

All in all, not an easy day in the least...

Back home, we relaxed as best we could with some Tivo'd telly - "Harry Hill", "Merlin", "Curb Your Enthusiasm" then a sit in the back room with John Coltrane...

In the evening, with Anne at Keep Fit, I played along to the recordings of yesterday's rehearsal, put together our info sheet...



...and typed up my own versions of the others' songs to make things a bit easier for me...



Later on, on BBC Four, an excellent programme on American art in the 20th Century - Abstract Expressionism makes me feel good - preceeded an enlightening interview with Alice Cooper by Mark Lawson...

Even a forty year long Cooper fan like me gleaned some new snippets of info from this conversation...

Which reminds me - why do politicians and the media now use the word conversation when they mean discussion?

Very annoying...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Pam settled again...

No comments: