Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Paintings and songs...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight

To HMV at lunchtime - no purchases...

In the early evening, along a gradually becoming festive Princes Street...



...for a private view of this year's Royal Scottish Academy Open Exhibition...













...including this work by our old chum Eona Aitken...













Other old chum Alan McLaren was also in attendance...











...as were ex-colleague Mark and his partner, seen through the doorway below, Galia...



Around seven, up to Out of the Bedroom to meet up with Ian and Kat...

Ian and I took the third and second slots respectively...

I debuted two songs from the upcoming LP, "Too Good To Be True" and "If I Fall", before Ian and Kat joined me for "I Re-Arranged the House"...



Kat also joined Ian on "San Francisco"...



All in all, an enjoyable evening and we hung around for headliner Jim Bryce's entertaining act before a lift home for me, Kat and her boyfriend Dave was supplied by Ian - even though we all live way over on the wrong side of town for him...

Going through No entry signs and red lights seemed par for the course but I was home much earlier to Anne and Meg than I would have been...

Highlight of the Day : Performing and Art viewing...

No comments: