Friday, November 19, 2010

Telecommunications breakdown induced gloom...

Playlist
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Fehlfarben - Monarchie und Alltag
Joy Division - Closer
King Crimson - Discipline

Another "not much happened today" day...

Spent much of the evening continuing to try and get the mobile phone to (a) accept more music (the external card is not even half full) and (b) just work, really...


Welcome respite came in the form of an e-mail from Creek buddy Stu, who had a couple of suggestions re the second of the two tracks I've been working on recently...

A couple of hours was spent re-jigging said track and mailing it off to the Creekers...

I returned to the phone and, at 1am, I was still  trying to figure out exactly what's wrong with the damn thing...

Eventually, I had to admit defeat, intending to return to it tomorrow...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Once again, struggling - oh, wait, mmm, Annie's as yet unmentioned Red Thai Chicken Curry - a veritable beacon in the mobile phone induced gloom...

3 comments:

Sour Grapes said...

I must say you are far more patient with mobile phones than I ever have been. Threw mine out the window of the car yesterday and preceeded to reverse over it several times (many onlookers were amused).

I don't think I will be getting another one!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I had a rather better outcome today (Sunday) although getting to the endpoint was rather frustrating and annoying...

It wasted much of my time, which might have been better wasted in ways which at least provided me with some measure of entertainment...

It would be good if someone filmed your "phonacide" on their, erm, mobile phone and posted it on Youtube...

Sour Grapes said...

Ha! It's only now I am wishing I had someone in car with me who could have done just that.

Oh well, I just don't think I was ever meant to have one. I'm starting to sound old and grumpy