Saturday, November 20, 2010

Not the flip-side of Geronimo...

Playlist
Simple Minds - Sons and Fascination
Brian Eno - On Land
Francoise Hardy - Comment te dire adieu?
The Hollies - Greatest Hits
The Marmalade - Greatest Hits
Argent - All Together Now
Mingo Lewis - Flight Never Ending
Tippett - String Quartets Vols 1 & 2
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
Various - Top 2 Albums of the Year 1959-2010

First task of the day was to print out a list of all the albums I have on the various hard drives which, to date, have not been burned on to CDs...

Oh dear - 26 pages - around 1,000 - many of the folders listed actually contain multiple albums too...

Oh dear...

A squirrel in next door's garden, munching at the remains of a sunflower, entertained...


To the vet with Meg the Black Cat - four weeks already since her first "episode" related visit - in the last two weeks she has had only two that we've witnessed, on 3rd and 14th November...

We came a way buoyed as much as we could be by the vet's advice and, although lighter of pocket, we now have enough medication to take our favourite wee beastie into 2011...

The vet advised the patient immediately prior to Meg had not been so lucky - a dreadfully maltreated and emaciated cat for which he could do nothing save end the misery, while the owner remained in denial...

Very sad...

Into town via Anne's mum's, dropping her off there re today's Hearts v Hamilton fixture - a 2-0 victory for the Jam Tarts...

Meanwhile, I parked the car and rushed to the library but my arrival was still twenty minutes later than I had advised Dr Prog it would be...

The Bruford and Eno books from three weeks ago were re-borrowed, along with "Last Shop Standing" - the story of the decimation of the independent record shop sector in the UK...

I still can't believe I can borrow books for free...

The two Francoise Hardy discs were returned, while discs by Carl Friedriech Abel and the Kronos Quartet were put on the old library card...


Good chat with the Progmeister and some sustenance at the mosque kitchen in the rain before we retired to Cafe Nero at Blackwells Books for coffee and cake...

The doc at the counter...


Coffee and apple and cinnamon cake...


The doc failed to look "cool" whilst using "Shazam" (and there was me thinking it was a Shadows "B" side) on his I-Phone to determine that the background music was that of Sergio Mendes...


Oh yes, gone are the days of going into record shops and humming to the assistant in the hope they might recognise the badly performed tune...

Before heading home, I partook of two Tippet String Quartet discs for £3 each in the Blackwells sale...

As Meg enjoyed sleeping on my bag (cats eh?)...


.... I set about working again on the mobile phone - in fact I had left the PC transferring tracks whilst I was out..

To no avail - I fear the phone needs to go back because now, not content with allocating musical input to an undetectable location, the MP3 player function is freezing...

Aaargh!

In the evening, a curry and "Merlin" entertained before I once again sat till 1am and beyond trying as best I could to figure out why the phone is such a heap of unmitigated shite...

Highlight of the Day : A good report from the vet re Meg the Black Cat - though I think we must resign ourselves to the fact that the episodes will continue...

No comments: