Thursday, November 11, 2010

IOU...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Poppy Day Set

Another bright day as I made my way to the physio...


Progress is being made apparently...

Tonight it was off once again to Lasswade to broadcast over the internet via a stream from Pol Arida's site and on Second Life...

I was playing in virtual club called "Notes Shack" which is run by a guy in Belgium...

Many people have been asking me how this works...

Well. of course I am no computer whizz, so I can't talk about the mechanics - other than that a stream goes from Pol's computer at Lasswade to the venue on Second Life's computers and, from there, people can log in to the club - and their "avatars" turn up at the venue - and watch the virtual performance on their computer screens...

Really you have to see it to get the full effect but it's quite impressive...

Of course I imagine no-one on Second Life actually looks like their avatars - I cetainly don't (and neither does Pol)...



In addition to this, for non-Second Lifers, there is an audio only stream which is available via Pol's site...

So tonight a really good attendance, both of people watching at the venue and listening over the net...

I enjoyed my set, though perhaps the songs were a little close together and I might have dropped one to give a bit more breathing space...

Pol's set was the best I've heard him recently - which is good considering he's just spent four days hospitalised with a viral infection...

I'm looking now to do a set on my own which will be around 60 minutes...

Back home, Meg the Black Cat was pleased to see me...


...while Anne had spent the day in Glasgow with Lynn, but failed miserably to purchase anything other than food, drink and a Meerkats calendar for 2011...

We watched "Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story" on Channel 4 which set out to show the reality of what happens when the state becomes the majority employer in an economy...

In Britain the national debt stands at £4.8 trillion and rising....

If you stacked that up in £50 notes it would be 6,500 miles high....

The share of our economy taken up by the government (ie the public sector) is now 53 per cent; in Communist China the figure is 25 per cent. Even at the peak of the Soviet Union the figure was only 70 per cent. At the height of Britain’s economic power in the Victorian era, the figure was 10 per cent...

It made the following "This Week" seem just like so much waffle...
 
But I hope you'll excuse me if you think I've been taken in by biased right-wing polemic - I just happened to think that, ok while a little over-simplified, it was correct in its basic tenets...
 
Highlight of the Day : Being educated...

No comments: