Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Treading the boards...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Souvenir XVIII: Splinterheart Live Set

One last vain attempt to get the words off by heart..

In all likelihood failing, a new music stand purchased at lunchtime...

In the evening, just as we were about to leave for the gig, an attack for Meg...

Anne decided to stay at home with our wee cat and I ventured out alone...

I was buoyed by around 20 attendees amongst the audients, who had seemingly been lured by my various mailshots...



Others were absent but had sent their best wishes...

I was incredibly nervous beforehand, although the soundcheck was a dawdle...

But once the first chord was out, I was in the zone and only recall a couple of fluffed lines...


I even managed a joke during "The Cage of Expectation"...

A successful night with an excellent take on the door re my CDs - and good to see so many old friends in the audience - catching up was done, arrangements were made or mooted...





Home around midnight to find Meg once again in fine fettle and Anne already asleep...

Highlight of the day : Playing live to an appreciative audience, one that I could see...

No comments: