Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fraught city...

Playlist
King Crimson – Live in Warsaw 2000
Cloudland Blue Quartet – 60 Minute Set
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Splinterheart
Sparks – Singles 1972-2009 (3CD-R)
Various – Ministry of Sound Anthems II 1991-2009
Tippett – String Quartets

What ended up as a fraught day, started nicely at 6am with Meg the Black Cat in the back room listening to King Crimson in Warsaw ten years ago before working on the Crispycat website, bringing it up to date and, then, to the new Cloudland Blue Quartet Live site...


I intend uploading either recordings of gigs or final rehearsal run-throughs where the gig can’t be recorded...

The first Second Life gig is up (live at Jester Inn 21/10/10) which is a recording of the actual gig, albeit with a few minor repairs re drop out on the original tape - it's also in mono sadly...

I have also posted the Splinterheart sets played live on 31/10 on Second Life and 3/11 at Secret CDs plus the Poppy Day Second Life set played 11/11...

The interweb - it's the new concert stage and I don't even have to leave my house (and you don't have to leave yours)...

It’s the Crispycat I-Player (kind of )...

The morning continued with a leisurely breakfast concocted to the sounds of The Velvets and Sparks...

Then, the fraughtness kind of started...

Took the malfunctioning phone back to Tesco to be advised, after a bit of mucking about with it by the nice young man, that I probably just had too much music on it (despite the fact that it’s spec says it can take a 12GB card and my 12GB card was only half full)...

Post that, to a nearby shopping centre (hell on earth on a Sunday afternoon)...


...to purchase clothes (hey I can’t spend all my money on music and food)...

Post clothes purchase success, back home and duly deleted all the music from the phone and added back just one LP...

It still wouldn’t work...

Back to Tesco – phone evidently goosed...

But no replacement (because it was slightly more than 28 days since I’d bought it) – instead they offered to send me a free jiffy bag to allow me to send it for repair...

Repair?

After five weeks? (six actually I worked out later)...

I asked to see the manager...

30 minutes went past - during which the salesman let slip to another customer making a purchase that, in the run up to Xmas, the four week in-store warranty period was extended to 31 January...

When the manager finally appeared I pointed out that if I bought the phone today and exactly the same thing happened, I would have it replaced, no questions asked...

She then phoned her manager and I managed to get agreement to an immediate replacement...

But first I had to come back to the house to collect the charger plug and USB cable...

Finally, I walked out with a new phone with a slightly different charger plug and USB cable...

Back home, I couldn’t face adding any music to it and merely left it charging till tomorrow...

In the evening, Anne made some very tasty indeed burritos – mmm, mmm...


A nice bottle of red accompanied...


This was followed by some research into which gigs since 2003 and before, could be added to the CBQ Live site...

Then, “Garro’s Law” – a new Sunday night favourite...

I fell asleep during “Match of the Day 2”, the early rise and the day’s fraughtness finally catching up with me...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's excellent burritos...

4 comments:

Sour Grapes said...

Well done on the new CBQ live site. Like the concept a lot. Now if only Sour Grapes actually performed live, we could be copy cats!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I'm coming to terms with playing to a wall in a basement and broadcasting it over the net...

Sour Grapes said...

ha! Yes, I could imagine that would be quite odd after playing in front of live audience!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Odd, yes but a lot less fraught - good word that...