Saturday, October 31, 2009

Den of the Bear...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Blend: Best of CBQ 1996-2009
Various Composers - Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World...Ever
Laura Pausini - La Primavera in Anticipo
Pet Shop Boys - Yes
Julie Miller - Blue Pony
Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Up early and started on getting my podcast blog up to date - I post a podcast every 10 CDs I buy - I am 11 podcasts behind at present so I started by ripping WAV files (1 per CD) to the hard drive and from there I create one 40 minute or so MP3 which I then have to upload and post...

At 8:45 to Helen the lovely podiatrist for my second last appointment before she pops her second sprog just after Xams...

Then to Tesco for some wine to take to our hosts today...

Of course I forgot the Nanny State has now deemed it in our best interests not to be able to buy alchohol before 10:30 am - so a wee wait in the large store...



Back home and work on the podcasts resumed - finished 8 of the 11 but, for some reason I couldn't get any of them to upload...

At 11:45 my mum arrived for our trip to Glasgow...

Arrived at Lex & Moira's in Bearsden bang on 1:30 pm and enjoyed a bit of a natter followed by some tasty home made soup and crusty bread before Anne and I took the train into Glasgow...



Rather pathetically, in the time afforded to me, I managed two visits each to Missing Records and FOPP and a visit to HMV...

Missing is under the bridge at Central Station...



Bought three CDs all in all...







Tasty...

Back "home" for 6pm and more enjoyable chat with Lex & Moira, surely two of the "youngest" septegenarians on the planet...



Last time we saw them was at their 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner - here's Moira showing my mum the book their son-in-law, Guy had specially madefor them, containing all the pics of that day...



Lex is a keen gardner and gave us away some monster chilis grown in his greenhouse...



We left around 9:30 after some post dinner chat on the dreadful mess the economy is in despite the recent rise in the stock market - don't get me started...

Meg the Balck Cat greeted us on our return home...



A good day...

Highlight of the Day : A visit to Bearsden...

No comments: