Sunday, September 13, 2009

Heads or tails...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Soundingfall
Grand Theft Bus – Made Upwards
The Uglysuit – The Uglysuit
Various – Oh Canada Vol 1
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
Nerina Pallot – Dear Frustrated Superstar
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Songs & Soundscapes 1996-2009 (3CD)

Up at a late 7:45 and gave a listen to the acoustic version of “Soundingfall” – not as bad as it sounded yesterday...

Updated my “Albums of the Month” for August and noticed we’re now almost half way through September and, despite various visits to FOPP and HMV, I haven’t bought any new CDs this month...

However, that’s not to say I’ve not got any new music to listen to...

For example, I found an online music magazine, The Line of Best Fit, this morning, which has regular downloads of new Canadian music...

I downloaded all 4 volumes available thus far of their “Oh Canada” series and now have around 80 pieces of new music to listen to...

I find the majority of Canadian music to be particularly good for some reason – and so this now nestles in my favourites along with Zunior which distributes Canadian albums electronically around the world for just a few dollars...

We breakfasted at home while watching “Something for the Weekend” – Meg the Black Cat showed little interest....



She wasn’t even interested in me taking close ups of her head...



...or her tail...



We ventured forth into Edinburgh – I had nothing specific in mind but Anne was targeting three things in particular – woolly tights, new trousers and passport photos...

Another bright and sunny day as the weather held up...



Our first stop was a nick-nack-ninnie shop that I actually quite like, Paperchase...



I bought a card for nephew Alastair whose birthday it is tomorrow and to whom I intend paying a visit tomorrow evening before heading to Peri Urban’s to rehearse...

I also purchased a small box with a view to experimenting with this as CD packaging...

On along to the St James Centre, where Anne was successful on both the Passport photo and the trousers front...





Unfortunately, she’s not allowed to smile for the passport...

I had a look in the East End branch of HMV – Beatles overload...

To Marks and Spencer’s to purchase items for dinner this evening – we partook of their very kind offer of two mains, two sides, two puddings and a tasty bottle of Cab Sauv Red – all for just £10...

We also lunched at M&S in their lovely wee café – sandwiches, crisps and a freshly made banana milk shake for your correspondent...



While Anne looked for tights, I of course had to go to FOPP since it's right outside M&S’s back door...

I succumbed to their offers today, picking up Taking Back Sunday’s “Louder Now” (reminds me of My Chemical Romance) - with a DVD thrown in - along with the very tuneful Nerina Pallot’s “Dear Frustrated Superstar” and an expanded copy of Pet Shop Boys “Pop Art” which I already have but not with the bonus DVD containing 41 (yes, 41!!) promo videos...

Back home soundtracked by new music from Canada...

For the rest of the afternoon and into the early evening, I worked on the final couple of tracks required to complete the acoustic “Soundingfall” disc while, elsewhere, Hibs were beaten by Hamilton Accies - much to Anne's delight...

Also listened back to the as yet unreleased 3 disc CBQ best of collection I compiled at the end of May...



The day was, as usual, rounded off nicely by “Match of the Day 2”...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Uptown leisurely with Annie....

No comments: