Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tufty was ours....

Playlist
Alice Cooper – 120 Real & Imagined Singles 1965-2008
JS Bach - Partitas
UK – Live in Edinburgh 1978
UK – Live in Boston 1978
Lou Reed – Berlin Live in New York (DVD)
Pat Metheny Group – Imaginary Day Live (DVD)

Up around 9:30 and compiled a DVD of 62 albums to give sister Pam some decent music to take home tomorrow!

Out to Patisserie Florentin for breakfast, Pam’s first visit after having read so often here just how good it is...



She agreed and said they ought to pay me for advertising – I said maybe they would if anyone actually read this drivel...

Then out to Loanhead and coffee and biscuits with mum...

There had been a good-natured argument last night between me and Pam as to whose guinea pig, Tufty, had been in the early 70’s...

She said she always remembered coming home from school and our sister Sheila had said “I’ve got some bad news for you, Tufty’s dead”...

I said what Sheila had really said was ““I’ve got some bad news for you, David’s guinea pig’s dead”...

Of course I made that up and oh how we laughed...

Pam seemed to have gotten it into her head that Tufty was her guinea pig and that, when he died and she’d buried him in the back garden (accompanied by all the weeping neighbourhood children), I hadn’t even been there...

Our mum was able to confirm:-

Tufty was the family’s guinea pig...

Far from me not attending the unfortunate rodent’s funeral, I had had to dig his grave as my mum couldn’t do it for crying so much at Tufty’s demise...

So, glad that’s been cleared up...

Poor wee Tufty...

We bade them farewell and Anne and I headed back to town to buy a new suit for me re my need to work to fund my opulent lifestyle...

Back home I got in touch with Jim Igoe re yesterday’s incident and was so relieved to hear from him that Lloyd was alive at the infirmary, albeit still very ill - a brain scan has been carried out but no results as yet – still very much touch and go...

The old guy is in my thoughts...

Spent some time converting to CD, a tape Pam recorded back in 1978 when I forewent UK’s appearance in Edinburgh for a house party and gave her my tickets...

Always regretted that...

I could have gone to the party after the gig...

Wrote up the diary for yesterday and today and watched some Lou Reed and some Pat Metheny on DVD before ending the day with the first “Match of the Day 2” of the new season...

Later on an e-mail from Jim advised Lloyd's wife Helen had been able to visit him today but that Lloyd remains in a coma...

The doctors will attempt to revive him tomorrow and have said his chances of making it are 50/50, which, while dreadful, is very much better than things looked yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm...

Highlight of the Day : A telephone call with Jim Igoe...

No comments: