Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Let go...

Playlist
Various- Compilations Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Soundingfall
Jean-Yves Thibaudet - Aria
Travis & Fripp - Thread

Back to the Infirmary in the early afternoon...



Much to my surprise, I am discharged - i.e. there is nothing more they can offer me...

The surgeon advises my movement and strength are good - apart from a complete inability to put my arm behind my back - no physio is offered as that would apparently be too much of a starin on the wound...

Again I find out a little bit more about what they've done - which is taken away part of my shoulder no less...

I am diagnosed as "impatient" for complaining about the huge amount of pain still present - the level I have is "about right" for 10 weeks on from the op...

I am advised that I can expect this to last for at the very least six months (early December) and that it may extend until next June - at which point any pain still present will be "what I'll just have to put up with for the rest of my life" as there's nothing more they can do...

So, rather painfully, I am crossing my fingers...

Anne very kindly drove me to the hospital despite being poorly herself - I have given up driving again due to the pain - which is annoying as we are due to do some extensive driving in the near future...

Back home and a visit from nephew Ollie and niece Kitty for tea of splendid spaghetti bolognese from their Auntie Anne...

Ollie is sad because he's finished his...



Upsatirs, Kitty danced around to the sounds of Cloudland Blue Quartet - "Is that really you singing Uncle David?" "Yes indeedy"...


They have brought some toys with them - I don't know what these are but kids seem to like collecting them...



And Ollie and Kitty seem obsessed with Pokemon at present...

Here they entertain Auntie Anne with various stories about what particular cards can and can't do...



However, much better than Pokemon is a live cat called Meg...



The kids spent much of the visit asking why meg kept running away outside "it's because you are annoying children" I had to tell them...



Eventually they were reduced to looking on longingly from the back door as Meg made her way under the neighbour's decking - to a spot inaccessible to man, or indeed young children...



Home time around 7:15 and Anne accompanied them to their house where she watched Hearts playing Dundee Utd away from home in their first league match of the season...

A 2-0 defeat, with their captain being sent off, does not bode well for their trip to play Dinamo Zagreb on Thursday...

Meanwhile, your correspondent relaxed for the rest of the night watching all six episodes of "Genesis of the Daleks" from 1975...

Rubbish but good...

Highlight of the Day : A visit from the children...despite everything...

No comments: