Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pencil sharpener...

Playlist
Pink Floyd – The Wall
Adrian Belew – Side Three
Simple Minds – Real to Reel Cacophony
Joni Mitchell – Ladies of the Canyon
Trey Gunn – One Thousand Years
Alexi Tuomarila Quartet – O2
Various – Runeology 3

Dentist first thing and, once again I had to suggest to Mr Fenny (my dentist for almosy 40 years) that he put a poster from the film “Marathon Man” on his wall...

Owya!

My 20th day of festivalling over the last 26 days and the last before a couple of nights off...

Our last film of the Festival was “Year of the Dog”, written and directed by Jack Black’s writing buddy Mike White, who wrote the hit “School of Rock”...



Once again I liked this film – we’ve been lucky and haven’t picked any turkeys..

It was very low key, quite moving in places, funny in others but with an overall sense of sadness in its world...

Back home to "CSI : Miami" and a mountain of dishes, which I washed accompanied by the new free disc from The Wire, before writing up the last three days here whilst listening to Mr Tuomarila’s band...

In a way I’m glad of a couple of days off...

Highlight of the Day : A film about loving animals...

No comments: