Sunday, August 05, 2007

Not sunny...

Playlist
Bley/Peacock/Oxley/Surman - In the Evenings Out There
Chris Lyons - The Ill Tempered Klavier
Miles Davis - Miles In Berlin
Esbjorn Svensson Trio - Tuesday Wonderland
Konrad Wiszniewski - Konrad Wiszniewski

Look how lovely and sunny it was outside yesterday during the day - a day which I spent almost all of in front of the PC working on Creek stuff...



And much of today was hardly any different - except it was raining...

Up at 6:30 or so and just relaxed downstairs while Meg the Black Cat gambolled around in the garden - getting wet...

I listened to the whole of the Paul Bley CD I'd fallen asleep to last night - it was very relaxing - many of the pieces by this quartet featuring just one or two of the instruments - such restraint...

Then I returned to Chris Lyons, the young pianist who so impressed me on the first night of the Jazz Festival...

Then to work and I set about redesigning the cover for the Creek "1.0.0" 4 disc set...

So that took a good few hours....

I also tested myself re CBQ songs I can play and sing without referring to my chord & lyric sheets....

Nineteen...

I was surprised but must keep playing them if I am not to forget them...

Watched some telly - "Still Game" and "Hyperdrive" and "Heroes" all on tape then two episodes of "Joey"...

The rain kept us in all day until it was time for me to go to collect the Indian takeaway, before heading to the last gig of the Jazz Festival, the Anders Bergcrantz & Konrad Wiszniewski Quintet..

A really good show to end on - kind of classic "Late 50's/Early 60's Blue Note" sort of music which I really enjoyed (I bought Wiszniewski's CD)...

Amazingly, Bergrantz had only met the others in the band a couple of hours before they played - to me they sounded as if they'd been together for years...

Comedy again tomorrow with the brilliant Richard Herring's new show...

Highlight of the Day : One last jazz concert...

No comments: