Monday, August 20, 2007

Biased towards Europe...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ersatzreal
David Sylvian – Gone to Earth
Alexi Tuomarila Quartet – O2
Secret Machines – September 000

Back to the cinema tonight, this time to the Cameo, where I don’t think we’d been since the screening of my old friend Peri Urban’s cousin’s film made around five years ago, featuring none other than your corespondent, Mr CBQ, on bass guitar and general moodiness...

Music To My Eyes” – do have a look...

The track appears on my 2002 album "Ampersand" under the title "Synaesthesia"...

Anyway, tonight it was “gentle” British film, “The Waiting Room”. Described as “a Portrait of entangled London love lives”, the film has yet to win a distribution deal - tonight was the World Premiere....



Here are one, two, three links...

I liked it, but, like most British movies I see, I felt it should’ve been on TV rather than in the cinema...

Anne pointed out this was obvious bias on my part – had it been in French, German or Italian with subtitles, I would have raved about it...

She is entirely correct...

Weird...

Another two new CDs through the post from e-bay – I still have two more successful bids to appear and I am also in with a chance of another couple...

I have vowed not to buy any CDs in September – I will merely burn those currently stored on the hard drive...

Also, a further new CD free with this month’s copy of The Wire...

I immediately loved Secret Machines on first listen and will no doubt seek out their other recordings...

The finish pianist, Alexi Tuomarila, lauded in the sleeve notes by Brad Mehldau, is also excellent – another fine quartet find for the collection....

Tasty...

Highlight of the Day : Good new music

No comments: