Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The elusive stems...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Wagner
Efterklang - Plexiglass EP
The Glitter Band - Best of
Giorgia - Greatest Hits
Glasperlenspiel - Licht und Schatten
Efterklang - Elbphilharmonie 2019

A Tuesday almost six weeks ago - what are the chances I remember what I did?

Well, I got up just before 8...


Ah yes, and I was going to work on some remixes for Edward Spark...


...and on the new CBQ album, out Friday...


Indeed, despite my claim the other day that I got all 4 of the main tracks done, it actually took 3 days to do those...

At this point the titles were different...


Daily Section No 73 of 432 was Section 75...


...from David Gilmour to Golden Earring, including rather a lot of Girls Aloud...



I eschewed all of those though for German pop duo Glasperlenspiel, Italian pop star Giorgio’s best of and a collection from Gary Glitter’s backing band…


Poptastic!

For tea tonight, tasty chili...


...and a visit from a sleepy Fang...


With the Spark work having failed to even get out of the starting blocks this morning, due to crashed downloads, I started again...



It failed again...


Finally, success...



...but no time left to actually do the work - I did some rough mixes on 22 June without the stems but let's see how this goes....

Closed the night out with Efterklang, who we will see at Summerhall in August, at considerably less cost than were we to be seeing them in their native Denmark...


Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Finally getting Sparky's stems...

No comments: