Monday, June 27, 2022

Living in the past, pt 786...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Wagner
Kendrick Lamarr - Mr Morale and the Big Steppers
Colourbox - Colourbox
Cluster - Curiosum
Chantal Goya - Mes annees Godard 1964-1966

40 days behind again...

Just so much to do just now but I'll keep plugging away at getting this back up to date...

Up at 6:21...

Views...



Working again on "Wagner", uploading to Bandcamp for Friday's release...


The countdown to Friday, in more ways than one, begins…

Daily Section 72 of432...


 Section 39, Petula Clark to Cockney Rebel...


So many here I know very well...


...so I avoided them and went for the Pet Clark comp (“Downtown” was the 1st record my big sister bought), Jimmy Cliff’s soundtrack and a Cluster LP recorded while I lived in Germany...


On Twitter - we are looking at 1985 to try and determine the Top 5 LPs of the year...

Here are my initial 81 nominations - over the course of the next 12 days, they will be whittled and honed down to the (my) Top 5...

In the meantime, let your memories be jogged......




For example, I had this at the time and I'd forgotten how good it is…

Colourbox...


This evening, a visit to my mum - stopped off at her house on the way there...


Shewas in reasonable spirits, which is amazing given the current situation...


She is well enought o go home but, thanks, in the main, to Brexit, there are just not enough care staff for a package to be put together to allow her return to normality...


Given all of that, she's doing surprisingly well...

Back home, some forgotten now telly and this collection rounded off the day...


Highlight of the Day : Rediscovering 1985...

No comments: