Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Mainly pictures of LPs...

Playlist
Earth Wind & Fire - Spirit
10cc - How Dare You?
Ragnarok - Ragnarok
Rose Royce - Car Wash OST
Kevin Ayers - Yes We Have No Mananas
Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
Paul McCartney & Wings - Wings At The Speed Of Sound
Deaf School - 2nd Honeymoon
Ramones - Ramones
Trettioariga Kriget - Krigssang
Roy Wood & Wizzard - Main Street
Angel - Helluva Band
Ashra - New Age of Earth
Golden Earring - To The Hilt
The Revolutionaries - Vital Dub Well Charged (RM)
Starz - Starz
Mighty Diamonds - Right Time
Alice Cooper - Alice Cooper Goes To Hell
Be Bop Deluxe - Modern Music
The Gladiators - Trenchtown Mix Up
Gentle Giant - Interview (Remaster)
Jon Anderson - Olias Of Sunhillow
Kiss - Destroyer
Rainbow - Rainbow Rising
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Love's A Prima Donna
The Runaways - The Runaways
The Runaways - Live in Japan
The Tubes - Young and Rich
Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
Idris Muhammad - House of the Rising Sun
The Far Cry - The Far Cry
Three Dog Night - Captured Live at the Forum
Wizzard - Wizzard Brew
Wizzard - Introducing Eddy and the Falcons
Roy Wood - You Can Dance The Rock 'n' Roll
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Next

Another day spent in 1976...


Someone pointed out that the pressing of "Evening Star" I was playing yesterday was not the one I must've bought that year as it was on the wrong label...

They were right, the one I own is a re-press from 1981 (the cognescenti advise the represses have a better sound, apparently)..

I checked my list of LPs bought 1972-1983...

Sure enough, I rebought it in 1981...

On the 7th of October - and I noted in my diary why I had to...


Note that my original was bought in 1976 not 1975...

Anyway, here are my initial 233 nominations for the top 5 LPs of 1976...





...and here are the LPs I actually bought in 1976...


And, had I had unlimited cash in 1976 but was only allowed to buy LPs which charted in the UK, here's what I would have bought...



This is how I waste my time...

At lunchtime, we continued to hurtle towards the end of "A Very Secret Service"...

We probably watched something else tonight but I'm writing this a week from now...

Highlight of the Day : !976...


No comments: