Monday, February 21, 2022

Looking back is the reason...

Playlist
Various Artists - Last 175 CDs on Shuffleplay
Donny McCaslin - Exile & Discovery
Haydn - Complete String Quartets on Period Instruments
Susanne Kessel - 250 Piano Pieces For Beethoven
Melt Yourself Down - 100% Yes
Gas - Koenigsforst
Squarepusher - Music Is Rotted One Note
Various Artists - Miles Not Miles
Various Artists - The Miles Davis Quintet, March 19, 1963 - November 12, 1968
Various Artists - The Wiretapper 55

Up at 6:40 or so and updated this...

Even though it's a fairly pointless task, it allows me to look back and recall the good (Anne's cooking, the views), the bad (self portraits) and the ugly (self portraits)...

It was just before seven...


Posted up the ninth and penultimate Tweet in my series covering the first 10 years of my record buying "career". On the 21st of February, here are 21 faves, to this day still, of the 90 LPs I bought when I was 21...


Breakfast pre WFH...


I like how this turned out...


Later this morning, with Anne out and about (Mary is doing OK re her Covid, thankfully), good skies...

Front...


Back...


Baby clothes for, now named, Lily, secured...


...and the first pic from Kitty - enjoying herself in Central America with chums...


Meanwhile, here, once again, Fang popped by and, one again, stayed for a while...


All in all, today, we watched at least 6 episodes of "Family Business" and finishing off yet another "thing" of which we've watched the entirety during the pandemic...


It was very good indeed and will be missed...

Pilates this evening for Anne and Lynn - which meant tasty baked potatoes for tea - which I cooked (under instruction obviously)...

Then, a pathetic 85 on "University Challenge"...




Being able to look up what I was up to when I did it, brings me back to the reason for keeping this going...

Finally tonight, an interesting "Imagine" from Alan Yentob on choreographer (and much more), Wayne McGregor...


... set me up for some listening to Thomas Ades and Max Richter tomorrow...

Lights out post midnight...


...and to bed with a Wiretapper in my ears, only hearing the first couple of pieces before entering Nodland...

Highlight of the Day : Family Business, which will be missed...

No comments: