Saturday, February 05, 2022

Lipstick on a pig...

Playlist
Alice Cooper - NME Flexi Disc
Bach, J S - Bach: English Suites
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietsongs
Black Widow - Black Widow III
Arovane - Reihen
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Variations on Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" Volume 2
Jeroen Van Veen - Minimal Piano Collection Volume X-XX
Elvis Presley - The Wonder of You (7")
Alice Cooper - School's Out (7")
Fripp & Eno - No Pussyfooting
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon
Brian Eno - RAMS

Up at six, still with the Coop in the cans...


...and decided to try and recreate the medley from this flexi disc from 1973...


...starting by ripping the vinyl...


..then painstakingly editing together the tracks used...


Success...

Breakfast...


...followed by some TV...

Then, tidying - a photographer was coming round at 1 to take some pics to accompany the article I was interviewed for on Thursday...




I suspect he will have failed to make me not look like a fat tube...

Not to worry...

As well as the collection as a whole and yours truly standing awkwardly in front of it, he took some shots of significant items...

Mt first 7", August 1970...


My most influential 7" from almost exactly 2 years later - which tipped me from football into music...


Two LPS which influenced my own music making...



My first ever CD, from October 1985 - I now have around 12,000...


...and the last new LP I bought, coincidentally also by Brian Eno...


After he left, I played them all...







We watched the rugby - something I don't normally do but I had a bit of background after yesterday...

Scotland stole it but, hey, win ugly...

A tasty tea from the Eastern Pavilion...

Jaipuri Lamb for your correspondent...


Then, the first two episodes of "Trigger Point" (I think it was called)...

Sucked us in...

Replayed the soundtrack to the photo session...


Could hardly keep my eyes open...

Accordingly, to bed tonight with, rarely for me, no cans...

Highlight of the Day : Being photographed, even though the results will be awful...

2 comments:

Disco Stu said...

Who was the snapper?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi Stu. Mr Duncan McGlynn was said snapper...