Friday, March 05, 2021

Tenth in eleven and into seventeen...

Playlist
Guitar PK - Living Breathing
The Tubes - The Tubes
Various Composers - The Cook and the Chef
Ockeghem - Ockeghem: Sacred Choral Works
Various Composers - Adagio Collection
Vivaldi - LCO 07 : Vivaldi
Prokofiev - Symphonies No 1 "Classical"; No 2; Dreams, Op 6; Autumnal Sketch, Op 8
Chantal Juillet - Korngold; Weill; Krenek: Violin Concertos
Bax - Symphonies 1-7
Tim Webb - Probability Theory
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Schoenberg Webern Berg
Edward Spark - 197Four
Brian Eno - Film Music : Science/Fiction
Mark Wingfield & Gary Husband - Tor & Vale (HD)
Isaac Hayes - For the Sake of Love
Isaac Hayes - Shaft

Once again it is Friday...

The first day of year seventeen of this daily diary...

Once again Bandcamp are waiving their fees...

Once again, a new CBQ album is released...

"Schoenberg Webern Berg" - you can hear it here...





My tenth new work since last May...

The ten prior to that would take me back to 2011...

I have become prolific...

And, in terms of people listening and buying my music, I have never been more successful than I am now...

Hmmm...

Views this morning...

Up at, I think 6:20 - hard to tell from this stupid watch pic...

I dug out a Tubes album last night having read that the CD has a different female vocalist on the cover of "The Monkey Time" from that on the original LP...


My intention was to compare and contrast...

I did not...

Wergo boxes are good - if you're in the mood - today, I was not...


I need to organise my illicit burns - they are somewhat out of order...


Soon...


WFH, soundtracked by the music listed above - including adding the latest titles to the "A Year of Wonder" classical music playlist - which, for once, did not involve having to source new music...

At lunchtime, we finally ran out of episodes of "Superstore" and so, yet another binged work leaves a wee hole in our lives...

The soundtrack today also included the 300th Random LP of the Day, The Tubes' debut...


I recall paying it for my dad around 1976 when I bought it...

He reckoned "What Do You Want From Life" had a "fart solo" in it...

I know what he meant...


The entire 2nd side remains standard in their setlist to this day “Mondo Bondage”, the afore-mentioned “What Do You Want From Life”, “Boy Crazy” and the sublime “White Punks on Dope”...


Side one is ace too...


 It never gets old!

Eventually, shut down for the night...


...and the EP had a hankering for Chinese food...

And so, your correspondent was dispatched to collect...

Tasty, though no pics...

This evening, we commenced watching "Breaking Bad"...


Let's see how that goes...

The opening episode was good although the the EP is not quite won over yet...

We'll see...

Then, to recording this week's podcast, with a few last minute changes re purchases this morning on Bandcamp from Edward Spark, bassist Tim Web and Guitarist Guitar PK..

It's all good...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Releasing another LP...

No comments: