Saturday, March 20, 2021

Reservoir dogs, or dog; and not at a reservoir...

Playlist
Various Composers - The Godfather I-III
Hilary Hahn - Paris
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene 7-13
Phil Lanzon - If You Think I'm Crazy
Pijper - Symphony 2; Piano Concerto; 6 Adagios; Quartets 4 & 5
Katia Krow - was it kind of nice to see me smile?
Hedwig Mollestad Trio - Ding Dong You're Dead
Elori Saxl - The Blue Distance
Katia Krow - I've Called Off The Search, I Know Exactly Where You Are
Coleridge-Taylor - Uncovered
Various Composers - Music From The Era of Pieter Bruegel The Elder Vol 1
Edward Spark/Cloudland Blue Quartet -  Fallen Remix EP
Händel - Opera Arias
Schubert - Late String Quartets, String Quintet
Field - Piano Music, Vol. 1
Itzhak Perlman - Violin Encores
Various Composers - Les incontournables du baroque
Monteverdi - Il Sesto Libro De Madrigali 1614

March 21 - seven years since my music buddy Jamie Frain died...

Will always be missed for his unadulterated happy go lucky enthusiasm for just about everything...

And so, with the watch dusted, to podcasting...





Messaging young Blair with thoughts re the next tranche of work on the shelves...




..and noting the things on "The Shelf" too...


Anne took her mum for the second jab and popped back for coffee...


Then, out for a wee trip to Roseberry Reservoir near the village of Temple...

As I got out of the car, I almost stepped on...



...this wee monkey...


Deserted beautiful surroundings...




















Another short drive to Gladhouse Reservoir...



At my Primary school, we had three houses - Gladhouse was Red, Dryden was Green and Edgelaw was Blue...

I was in Edgelaw...

I see from trawling the web that those three houses are still in operation at the school - which is now on a completely different campus...

At secondary school, there were four houses, St Leonards was Green, Mount Esk was Yellow, St Ann's was Red and Melville was Blue...

I was in St Leonards...

We drove passed my old school on the way here - it too, while on the same land, is a completely new building sitting on what was once the sports field, while the sports field is on the site where the school stood when I attended...

Anyway, Gladhouse Reservoir - despite knowing the name since 1966, this was my first visit...

Lovely, if a wee bit windy...



















back to the car, where we'd enjoyed lunch before taking our stroll...


On the way home, we stopped off at sister Seila's...


...where young Harris was visiting too...



Soon, his mum, dad a dog sister arrived...


Coffees and biscuits were enjoyed in the garden...



Home for some quick listening before collecting a tasty Chinese...


...and an evening of TV with "Deutschland 89" and "Vera" - it's what Saturday night's are for (these days)...

Highlight of the Day : Reservoir visits...

No comments: