Sunday, March 07, 2021

More piano for the tail section...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Long Day Star Assembly
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 7 March 2021
Various - Funk Brothers and Soul Sisters
Idris Muhammad - Power of Soul
Roedelius - Tape Archive : Esence 1973-1978
Kraftwerk - The Mix (Deutsch Remastered)
Muenz - Nearly fast
Hayden - Presence/Absence
Various - The Front Line : Sounds of Reality
Robert Fripp - Music For Quiet Moments
Roedelius - Selbstportrait Wahre Liebe
Various - Wide Open
Various - Roadie OST
Robert Fripp - Music For Quiet Moments

Up just after six with ideas in my head...


...re yesterday's work...

On the presentation stumbled upon, another piano generator was located...

New piano music was created...



...and combined with the ambience from yesterday plus field recordings from Berlin and Devon in 2018...


With the majority of the work done, off out to the shops with Anne...

A disappointing lack of Snowballs for my mum...


Home for a tasty breakfast - croissant for Anne, salmon pate on toast for me...


Later, showing a girl who works for the BBC and who wrote a piece for the BBC about listening to her 300 LPs while in lockdown, how many CDs I have...


Her story sounded familiar - but I don't work for the BBC so my listening to my remaining 300 or so LPs since last May will not be as bandied about as hers...

However, it continued today with this...


A compilation from 1987 or so, featuring chums (and future Call Me Clive members) Malcolm and Breave's, Acoustic Youth...


 ...plus, coincidentally, old school chum Mitch Mitchell's combo the New York Pig Funkers....


...plus soon to be Goodbye Mr MacKenzie, The Clan; plus Tony, who recorded Malcolm and my's debut Crazy Wisdom CD in 1992/3, with his band, A Whole New Jungle...


I bought it for Acoustic Youth though...

Later, Anne finished her painting...


A rainy scene in Central Park, New York...


She was disappointed with it but I believe she has done another excellent work...

Artists and musicians at Crispycat Towers...

Early evening, another record played...


As with the previous one, I don't have this digitally...


The 2LP soundtrack of the - rate a turkey - film "Roadie"...


...which I bought for the two re-recorded Alice Cooper tracks - neither of which is as good as the original...


I think this was the first time I'd listened to the rest of it - it was, let's say, ok...

Later, listened back to today's, as yet untitled, work - second LP in two days...


...before a baked potato tea...


...and the third episode of "Bloodlands", which set us up nicely for next week's finale...

Weekend over...

Productive...

Highlight of the Day : More pianos...

No comments: