Sunday, March 14, 2021

Promising not to steal or change and then stealing and changing, can still be appreciated...

Playlist
Various -  Current Top 30 on Shuffleplay
Bosso - Six Breaths
Various - Current Top 30 Albums on Shuffleplay
Edward Spark/Cloudland Blue Quartet - Fallen Remix EP
Glenn Gould - Glenn Gould Plays Bach
Bach - The Art of the Fugue (Julliard Quartet)
Hainbach - Schwebungssummer
NASA - First Audio Recording of Sounds on Mars
Phil Lanzon - 48 Seconds
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2021

Up early, as ever...


..on a day which turned out to be a day, other than shopping and mother visits, of work - but rewarding work...

I rose with an idea in my head re a new track ("Emperor 2") sent to me yesterday by Edward Spark for thoughts/comments...

 It had a, to me, not very good (to him super-scary), spoken element in the middle of it - so, I excised that and was left with a good four minute piece...

Firstly, I worked out the tempo (even though there was no rhythm track)...

I added my own rhythm track and, lo, it was good...

then I started humming a wee tune to it...

So I took a Whatsapp message from Mr S to me, in which he was trying to explain the piece and his thinking behind it...

I turned that into a 32 line lyric...


I loaded the edited piece, with the new rhythm track, into the iPod and went down to the kitchen at 7am with the recorder, required leads, two sets of headphones (buds to monitor the backing track, full size to monitor the voice), lyric sheet etc etc...

Recorded my vocal - the second take was spot on...

Back upstairs and some mixing...

A track done before Anne was even awake (luckily she did not hear any singing coming from the kitchen!)...

Sent the results to Sparky and headed to the shops with Anne...

Home for breakfast, then, more work - an alternative rhythm track used...


At 11:30, over to Anne's mum's for Mothers' Day - no pics, stupidly, then, over to my mum's for Mothers' Day, no pics, stupidly...

Back home just after 3 and, with one "Future Man" watched but, with Anne eschewing a second, in favour of rugby, I got the guitar out and recorded a quick track to add to proceedings...


And so, by close of play, I had a six track EP based on Mr Spark's piece - with which we were both pretty pleased...


Not sure how it might make its way into the world yet - it will probably need to wait till Ed has issued his work...

Meanwhile, Anne was working on a masterpiece of her own...


Yowsah!

This evening, some Hainbach, solo Heep and the sounds of Mars and, then, the last of "Bloodlands" - spoiler - very annoying that he got away with it...

A good day...

Highlight of the Day : New stuff...

No comments: