Thursday, March 18, 2021

Teriyaki and shelfwork...

Playlist
Hilary Hahn - Paris
The Paper Kites - Roses
Hedvig Mollestad - Ekhidna
Caligula's Horse - Rise Radiant
In The Pines - Slow Blink
Dinosaur - To The Earth
Martina Bertoni - Music For Empty Flats
Tobias Karlehag - Process
Black Swan - Repetition Hymns
Rhye - Home
Steven Wilson - The Future Bites
Transatlantic - Forevermore
Reicha - Reicha Rediscovered Vol 3
Arc of Life - Arc of Life
Mogwai - As The Love Continues
A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Invisible Cities OST
Christian Löffler - Parallels
William Ryan Fritch - Freeland OST
Valgeir Sigurðsson - Kvika
Elephant9 - Arrival of the New Elders
The Mastelottos - A Romantic's Guide To King Crimson
Various Composers - Music From The Era of Pieter Bruegel The Elder Vol 1
Gidon Kremer - De Profundis
Sabine Devieilhe, Alexandre Tharaud - Chanson d'Amour
Kats-Chernin - Unsent Love Letters, Meditations On Erik Satie
Daniel Hope - Spheres
Various Artists - Cool Europa - European Progressive Jazz in Germany 1959-63
Die Ärzte - Das ist nicht die ganze Wahrheit
MX-80 SOUND - Hard Attack
The Alvaret Ensemble - Ea
Alice Peacock - Minnesota
Charles Tolliver - Connect
William Ryan Fritch - Solidum

I need to dust my watch...


This tomato did not make it onto Twitter...


These bananas did though...


...as did the cat...


...and the daffodils...


It was a beautiful day...


 ...which I spent inside WFH and dealing with phone and internet problems...


...as we moved from BT to TalkTalk, saving almost £100 a year...

But not without some teething problems...

Those commenced half way through an episode of "Future Man" at lunchtime as we near the end of the third and final season...

Anyway, it seems all has been sorted...

And I was soundtracked by my 12 records of the week thus far for 2021...

Hedvig Mollestad, In the Pines, Martina Bertoni, BlackSwan, Rhye, Transatlantic, Arovane, Arc of Life, Alice Cooper, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Valgeir Sigurðsson and today's discovery, Elephant9 (which, when it comes dow to it at the end of the week, won't actually be this week's choice due to the arrival of Lana Del Rey on Friday)...
All very much recommended but then, I would say that, wouldn't I...

Then, Blair, the very helpful young man, arrived to work on my CD shelves. What a time to be alive!!!






Sadly =, they still look a bit wonky but he will return...


Me and Ted enjoyed some music via the new set up...

Haydn...


Grant Green...


David Bowie...


...followed by a late tea - suggested by me and brought to fruition by the EP - salmon and prawn teriyaki stir fry...


Yum...

Late on, Giving this a wee spin on its 39th anniversary...


  Then I related this story on the Twitter...

I recall telling someone at the time that I’d bought “Asia”...

They erroneously congratulating me on buying a Steely Dan LP...

But, I opnined, this is so much better than “Aja”...

Jeez. You play a record and it reminds you of a wee story from your past, leading you to announce a preference for one LP over another and the Steely Dan police are immediately on you...

I suppose as long as they don’t force me to listen the latest Donald Fagen solo LP, I’ll be ok!

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Teriyaki and shelfwork...

No comments: