Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Lumbering is depressing but I must press on...

Playlist
Miles Davis - The Miles Davis Quintet, March 19, 1963 - November 12, 1968
Euan Stevenson - Portraits, Preludes And Landscapes
Emerson Lake & Palmer - In Concert
Miles Davis - Live In Europe 1969
Allan Holdsworth - Secrets
Various Artists - Blue 'N' Groovy Vol. 2: Mostly Modal
Rautavaara - Piano Works
Lou Reed - Take No Prisoners (Live)
Various Artists - Trojan Roots Reggae Box Set
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces
Die Ärzte - Live: Nach Uns Die Sintflut
Steven Wilson - To The Bone
Boccherini - Symphonies Op. 12
Markus Guentner - Empire
Sparks - Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins
Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess
Huelgas Ensemble - O Cieco Mondo - The Italian Lauda c. 1400-1700
Earthworks - The Sound Of Surprise
Miles Davis - In Person Friday Night At The Blackhawk
Huelgas Ensemble - In Morte di Madonna Laura

A tidy shelf is a happy shelf...


Walking down the hill...


Today's lunch at Quattro Zero as we said farewell to 6 year colleague JB...


Around the table, Gina G...


JB and Jack...

 
Janine and Marta...


Josh and Gursharn...


Gaz...


The beast...


Neil and Gillian...


Wenders...


CK and Luke...


...and Al...


Tasty times...

This evening, for the third week in a row, to the football...

Eight a side tonight and my first point on the board at 6-6...

Frankly, I was awful...

So depressing that my legs just won't move anymore to the point of it being embarrassing...

But I enjoy the little exercise it gives - a million times better than the gym...

Pics from post the game...




Later, I found both my legs had been bitten by some worse beast than me...


Hobbled home with an injured ankle and bruised ribs from where I went down like a lumbering lump of lard while making a save...

I think I am out for next week...

But I fully intend to play again...

I can surely only get better...

Home to a tasty stew from the EP...


...and a new delivery in the mail...


The Huelgas Ensemble always remind me of the top floor at Tower in Glasgow in the late 80's/early 90s...

I can still smell the strange aroma of shrink wrapped CDs when I think about it...

Which is nice...

Highlight of the Day : Lunch and footie...

No comments: