Saturday, April 07, 2018

Getting up to date pt 342...

Playlist
Jethro Tull - The Anniversary Collection
Genesis - Foxtrot
Genesis - Wind & Wuthering
Genesis - Nursery Cryme
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Family - It's Only A Movie
Genesis - ...And Then There Were Three...
Klaus Schulze - La Vie Électronique 1
Gaute Storsve Trio - Attention: This Is Not A Toy, For Adult Collectors Only
CB3 - From Nothing to Eternity
Delta Saxophone Quartet - Dedicated To You But You Weren't Listening - The Music Of Soft Machine
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

A day of catching up, mostly...

And up late, to boot...


As Anne headed to the gym and I did not, I set about recording this week's podcast...

Links recorded and edited, then the recording itself, during which I wrote up seven entries here...

And contemplated how I am going to use this new 4TB hard drive...

Music I think, probably...

In the foreground, the latest edition of Ian Sclater's Art Mag - an excellent publication...


Counting the laptop, I have 8 hard drives in all now, with total actual capacity of 12.3TBs, of which I have used almost 7TBs (re the calculations made as regards TBs on the box and actual space e.g. this 4TB drive has space of 3,630GBs not 4,000GBs)...

To put this in perspective, my iTunes currently holds 11,245 LPs, but uses just 942 gigabytes...

Hmmm, ok back ups, yes, but how come I've used seven times my music collection?

Such pondering is how I waste my time... 

Anyway, here it is in situ and empty thus far...






Also, during the recording, I tidied up the back room and got the equipment ready for tomorrow's covers rehearsal session out in Roslin...


Finally got the podcast up around 12:30...

Lunch at home and then, took Anne to her mum's for Hearts' glorious 2-0 defeat of Aberdeen at Tynecastle (Queens lost at home yet again, 2-0 to Inverness; on the upside though, Dobbie was back in the team)...

Out to my mum's for a visit and a chat and coffee and cake...

She is a little anxious about the toe op on Friday - not the op itself, just about not getting to the hospital on time...

This is how her mind works...

Back home and music listening...

Selecting tracks for next week's podcast - I have around 11 hours backed up and waiting - with new stuff arriving all the time...

I listened to "Supper's Ready" by Genesis three times today...

An hour and a half almost...

Greatest Prog track of all time, apparently...

Well, yes, it's definitely up there...

After last night, Jethro Tull too, was on the agenda...

On Anne's return, watched the first 20 minutes of the game she'd just seen, so I could see Hearts' two very good goals...

In the evening, a tasty Indian Takeaway, with a new coconut dish for Anne which, other than the removed uneaten hot chillies, received a thumbs up from the Exec Producer and may well attain the coveted asterisk on the takeaway menu...

A good "Endeavour" from the Tivo was also enjoyed...

Late on, downloaded some new to me jazz from Bandcamp - particularly the trio CB3 (as opposed to CBQ), which much impressed and is set to feature soon in the podcasts, of course...

Lights out with today's artwork being, "Art Mag"... 


And my last seven days' listening...


Highlight of the Day : Getting up to date...

No comments: