Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Self convincer, or...

Playlist
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2016 Vols 1-52
Various Composers -20th Century Masterpieces
Dutilleux -Concertos for Violin and Cello
Ligeti -Atmospheres
Stevie Wonder -Innervisions (RM)
Henze -El CimarrĂ³n
The Velvet Underground -The Very Best Of The Velvet Underground
Various Artists -Windows : Windham Hill 25 Years of Piano
Family 5 -Resistance

The view from the office this morning...

Changeable...


Dentist first thing - all clear...

Passing Fopp, I popped in thinking I'd properly checked these re having the repertoire already...

Turns out I have versions of everything on this...


...and there's just one piece on this I didn't have already...


Oh ewell, fair enough...

At lunchtime, a walk down to Stockbridge...

These for a quid each at the St Columba's Hospice shop...

I had this already too - jeez oh - but this is a considerably better sounding remaster with restored artwork (I convince myself)...


As a bonus this includes not just the Pixies' "Surfer Rosa" but their debut release too...


..and how can you go wrong with a disc of the Four Tops' Greatest Hits (even if you probably have them all spread over various Tamla compilations already in the collection)...




Home under threatening skies...


...which came to nothing...



The beast etc...


The view from the office this evening...





...as "Holby" was gotten back into...

Highlight of the Day : Convincing myself there's nothing wrong with buying so much music...

No comments: