Sunday, September 25, 2016

Discovering I'm a dilettante...

Playlist
Rush - Working Men
Bosso - Symphony 1 : Oceans
Wolfe - Cruel Sister
Albinoni - Complete Oboe Concertos
Grand Funk Railroad - Good Sungin' Good Playin'
Laura Pausini - Similares
Grand Funk Railroad - All the Girls in the World Beware
Grand Funk Railroad - Bosnia
Grumbling Fur - A Grumbling Fur Selection 2011-2016
J S Bach - English Suites (Angela Hewitt)
Handel - Oboe Concertos
Argent - Encore : Live in Concert

The view from the office this morning...


Updating the red book of CDs acquired as I move past 8,500 - I have almost 400 days worth of music in my iTunes...

Before...


After...


A tasty breakfast at home again...

Morning listening to Albinoni - and, reading the sleeve notes...


...I realised I am, in fact, a dilettante, in the original sense of the word, devoting my life to art without making it my main occupation...


I also discovered that Albinoni was assisted by the Pirate Bay of his day, which kind of went on to become the Spotify of his day...


Weird...

Meanwhile, Anne was hedge-cutting...


I went out to help and noted this wee thing left behind by the kids next door...


Out to my mum's...

The plants are still alive after three weeks...


...and mum still likes a chocolate biscuit...
...but is also still a reluctant photo subject...


Home around 3:15 and, then, a walk to Jane and Bobby's through the rain...






...for a tasty tea and much wine, chat and fun...


...with my favourite (ok, only) niece...


By the time we left, the (blurily pictured) kids had retired to more interesting stuff via technology in the comfort of their bedrooms...



A bus home and writing this up while Anne enjoyed "Victoria"...

Weekend over...

highlight of the day : Discovering I'm a dilettante...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a fairy door that got left behind. You put it aganst a tree so the fairies know how to get home. Honest!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

That's very cute and a nice wee reminder of the kids...