Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Some influence, others do not...

Playlist
Billy Cobham - Spectrum
Theo Travis' Double Talk - Transgression
The Tubes - Epic Tubes
Laura Pausini - Epic Laura Pausini
Grace Jones - Island Life
Riverside - Memories In My Head
Dionne Warwick - Dionne Warwick Sings The Bacharach & David Songbook
Gram Parsons - GP
Fela Kuti - Alagbon Close
Fela Kuti - Afrodisiac
Fela Kuti - Zombie
Fela Kuti - Shakara
Gram Parsons - GP
Tom McRae - Just Like Blood
Tangerine Dream - White Eagle

Another found leaf impressed this morning...


...as did the new Theo Travis album - a present from Prog Rock Willie...

It may be too early to be scientific but the oats appear to be working - boredom, of course, being a downside...

A walk to Fopp to take my mind off matters...






Inside, a new haul of second hand discs at £2 each attracted your correspondent's attention...

Four were purchased...

And then, a walk back from Fopp...





Home this evening under the sun, despite forecast rain...


...and, with Anne out at Zumba, some listening...

I found I had my first purchase already - albeit with slightly less impressive packaging...

It will be returned unopened in the hope that i can take something else,,,


My second was Tom McRae - a burn of which I already had...

So, nothing new thus far...


Thirdly, do you recall when we were all slaves to the rhythm of Grace Jones?  Me neither...

A spiffing collection of tunes nonetheless...


And, finally, this - a much revered pair of albums from 1973 and 1974 which I had never heard until tonight, despite said reverence from, it would seem, judging by my Twitter feed, all and sundry...

Yeehaw country music as far as I can hear...


In its defence, I do tend to be automatically against any music which loads of people tell me is good...

Weird...

I much preferred Tom McRae's more complex arrangements or, indeed, Brian Eno's top five Fela Kuti tracks, as found here...


Maybe if Eno, one of the few arbiters of taste out there to whose opinion I tend to give some weight, curated a top five of Gram Parsons tracks, I might like GP's music better...

Weird...

A zingy salad for tea and, post more listening and a tweeting and a twattering (so much more interesting than Facebooking I find), the final episode of "The Interceptor" - a satisfactory end to proceedings...

I wonder if it will return...

You never know...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Music and Interceptor...

No comments: