Monday, July 13, 2015

Challenged...

Playlist
Yes - The Chris Squire Collection
Castiglioni - Piano Works
Various - Punky Reggae Selecta
Herman Van Veen - Kersvers
Isaac Hayes - The Best Of The Polydor Years
Jacaszek - Catalogue des Arbres
Muse - Drones
Great Lake Swimmers - New Wild Everywhere
Van Veen - Piano Music
Yello - Touch Yello
Sparks - FFS
The Bad Plus/Joshua Redman - The Bad Plus Joshua Redman
Udo Lindenberg - Ich mach mein Ding - Die Show
Donna Lewis - Brand New Day
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (Remaster)
Judee Sill - Abracadabra: The Asylum Years
Tangerine Dream - Mala Kunia
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew Live
Einaudi - Waves The Piano Collection
Various Composers - White Man Sleeps
Various Composers - Barytonmusik des 18. Jahrhunderts
Matthew Florianz - Tauern
Chicago - The Best Of Chicago: 40th Anniversary Edition
Eric Dolphy - Last Date
King Crimson - Live At the Orpheum
Thomas Köner - La Barca (Complete Edition)
The Blue Note 7 - Mosaic: A Celebration Of Blue Note
Neal Morse - The Grand Experiment
Various - Wondrous Stories
Neal Morse - Testimony 2
Neal Morse - Testimony
Neal Morse - Lifeline

For much of the day, my current top 50 latest acquisitions soundtracked on shuffleplay...

This beastie was lurking as I lunched in Princes St Gardens...


I walked home accompanied by possibly my current No 1 (pop pickers)..

No, not this (which I owned back in 1972)...


 Neal Morse's latest...


Superb album - including, on the second disc, a sterling version of Jimmy Webb's "MacArthur Park" - quite possibly the best version I've heard...

I walked for an hour under overcast skies...



I did not go to Jane and Bobby's...


I did not go to Anne's mum's...


I did not go to the zoo...


I did, however, have a rather annoyingly steep hill to climb at around 45 minutes into the journey...


Worth it though for the final downhill five minutes or so...


More Neal Morse enjoyed at home, along with the film "Touch Yello"...


...featuring Yello, as you may have surmised...

Zingy salad complemented the walking effort...

On TV, nothing except "University Challenge" enticed...

Particularly young and, in the main, probably not popular babysitters talking part this evening..

The commentary on Twitter was reasonable...

Of course, I'm sure most begrudging viewers' comments might be summed up thus:-
1) "They look funny,"
2) "Wrong answer- Hah, Idiot!"
3) "I got 2 right this week."

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Walking home...

No comments: