Monday, July 28, 2014

Newness is not always goodness...

Playlist
Knifeworld - The Unravelling
Searchlights - Searchlights
Alpha Male Tea Party - Droids
Alpha Male Tea Party - Real Ale and Model Rail
Various Composers - Bassoon Concertos
Max Jury - Christian Eyes (Single)
The Bad Plus - Suspicious Activity?
Vivaldi - Concerti "Alla Rustica"
Various - Number One Vols 1-4 1959-2014
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Here He Comes
Various - The Best Glam Rock Album in the World...Ever
Bartok - Solo Piano Works (3)
Happy Apple - Back at Lawrence, March 26, 2011
John Edwards, Mark Sanders, John Tilbury - A Field Perpetually At The Edge Of Disorder

Started the day with a new album, Knifeworld's "The Unravelling", much recommended by felow bloggr, Sid Smith...

While I really like the music on this disc, for me, the vocals let it down due to the pronounced English accent of the vocalisers - a bit like the bands Caravan and Hatfield and the North...

There's something about that way of singing which is a turn off for me...

Which is not to say I myself am the best singer in the world...

I did make a wee video of the Robert Graves song yesterday morning...


...but this is unlikely to see the light of day...

Later on, I found my CBQ EP of Brian Eno works, released in the summer of 2003 - on listening back, it's not very good, apart from "Swastika Girls", which the Exec Producer complained was  interrupting her TV viewing...

Oops...

Earlier, while she was out for a walk with chum Lynn, I updated the Favourite Number Ones of Each Year compilation which soundtracked our drive to and from the coast yesterday...

Updating comprised adding five tracks from 2010 to 2014 (Cee Lo Green, LMFAO, David Guetta, Avicii and Cheryl (Cole)) and replacing some of the earlier ones...

This is how I waste my time...

After a listen to Bartok's piano sonata, I closed the day with a couple of new jazzy downloads, a concert by The Bad Plus' Dave King's Happy Apple trio at Lawrence University from 2011 and an improv set at Cafe Otto in London...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : New jazz...

No comments: