Monday, June 02, 2014

Tram trap...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twenty Four Paintings
Various - iPod Shuffleplay
King Crimson - Heavy ConstruKction
Various - A Hard Night's Day : A History of Stiff Records
Cuff the Duke - Union
The Merrylees - Forever More
Creek - Tarnished

A grey Monday...


Things went a bit awry when I decided to take a tram for just one stop as I was running very slightly late...


Got on at Haymarket and should have been at my destination within a couple of minutes - it took over twenty though, thanks to the tram's progress being blocked by inconsiderate drivers going through junctions when their exits weren't clear and sitting on the tram tracks...

After over ten minutes of sitting a few feet on from the Haymarket station platform at which I'd boarded, I asked if I could just get off but was denied as we "weren't at an official stop" (we were two feet away from one)...

Not thought through methinks.  They need instant fine giving patrols for these drivers who block the road...

At lunchtime a walk down to Stockbridge again...



...and, for just two of your English pounds, a 45 track 2CD set of Stiff Records singles entered the fray...


Some long lost beauties amongst that lot...

Today is the 17th anniversary of the first Creek session - I reminded my colleagues we remain a band, despite it now being nearly ten years since we issued our last LP - the second last collection on the screen shot below, from my iTunes...


Twenty seven improv sessions, a live gig recording from 2004, a demo of some tracks from the LP, the LP itself and then a follow up, created by me from treatments of various tapes and sessions, which was subsequently rejected, for reasons I can no longer recall...

An evening of ripping, listening and surfing plus "The Secret Life of Cats" - great documentary that just reminded us how much we're missing Meg the Black Cat...

Highlight of the Day : Finally alighting from the tram...

No comments: