Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Free drink is bad for you...

Playlist
Various – January 2012 Acquisitions
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Starlightnight
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Riverleaves
The Bad Plus – Made Possible

Out into the dark...


To Waverley Station around midday for the train to London for a couple of days revelry...

Through the snow...





I hadn’t realised we were booked First Class – still only £30 a seat...

Of course the all you can drink bar resulted in a worse for wear condition..





....as evidenced by this pic of Arsenal’s stadium...


King’s Cross around five...



...and a taxi to Mayfair...


...for more drinks...

Thinking there was to be only drinking and no food and with the prospect of my chums visiting Stringfellows (and my not realising this was indeed to involve a slap up feed), I stotted out into the street around eight and along to Piccadilly...



...in search of much needed (but too late to stave off complete and utter worse for wearness) sustenance...

Several blank spots included, at some point, losing my wallet – this scenario discovered as the bill in a lovely little Chinese/Thai place was brought to my table...

To be honest I thought I’d also lost my coat, glasses, iPod, Walkman etc etc (turned out I’d left the hotel without any of these items)...

I think however, I had been subject of a devious pick pocketing incident - of which I have absolutely no recollection...

I left my camera as a deposit and spent the next couple of hours wandering the streets searching in vain for the missing wallet...

Eventually back to the hotel around midnight having walked eleven miles all told (granted most of it in a big circle)...

Cards to be cancelled tomorrow and much grief to ensue...

A good start to the trip...

Highlight of the Day : Trip to London – prior to my first G&T...

No comments: