Monday, February 14, 2011

Not so new...

Playlist
Various – Natural Progression (20CD-R)
Neu! – Neu!
Neu! – Die Zweite Neu!
Neu! – Neu! 75
Kraftwerk – Bremen 1971
Various - Bootwerk (Kraftwerk Mash Ups)

Back in the swing indeed though still not 100%...

Continuing to make my way through the prog box set...

In FOPP, I bumped into fellow member of Edinburgh's slowest working electronic improvisational quartet, Creek - last LP, 2004 - Mr Stuart Cobley...


Lookin' good...

He was investigating the music of John Grant and the Czars – and indeed we will see said Grant-man together in March, right here in Edinburgh...

Now, for ages, Fopp have had all three Neu! albums at £7 and I have not bought them. Today though, their reduction to £5 was enough to spur me into action and so, I shelled out (and also bought the last Broken Social Scene album for £3 - but have not, as yet, broken the sellophane wrapper)...

My neu! purchases were to replace my home made “burned from LPs” versions I’ve had for around 10 years...

A comparison...




The LPs themselves were bought in the 1970’s and are still in my collection...




The first LP is an import hence the orange rather than white sleeve...

And so, tonight, other than viewing the third episode of “Outcasts” (it’s getting better), was a Krautrock night, or rather a German Music night...

I listened to Neu! and surfed the net re them, Michael Rother, La Dusseldorf, Kraftwerk, Fehlfarben, DAF, Harmonia, Cluster, Can, Faust, Tangerine Dream and all manner of Krautrock and Neue Deutsche Welle heroes of years gone by...

Nice...

Meg the Black Cat continued to enjoy empty boxes...


A call with sister Sheila very late doors to be advised she has arrived in Hemel Hempstead safe and sound and will see Pam tomorrow with Pam’s chum Debbie...

Highlight of the Day : German music night...

2 comments:

Disco Stu said...

Lookin' good but still single.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I can provide contact details to any interested readers...