Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not in the swing yet...

Playlist
Various – Natural Progression (20CD-R)
Surman-McLaughlin-Berger-Martin-Holland – Where Fortune Smiles

Woke at 3:38 and listened to the Prog Box Set in bed till 5:30 then got up - feeling a bit better than yesterday so, hopefully, soon be back to normal...

Took Paul Stump’s “The Music’s All That Matters” off the shelf and read a few chapters re the world of prog - the genre has a bit more credibility now than it did back in 1997 when he wrote his tome...

Have continued to listen to the box all day and, as I write, I’m up to track 111 of 169...

Also spent some considerable amount of time typing out the lyrics and determining the chord sequences for the Capital Models songs we will be resurrecting on Friday...

However, when I kind of croaked (as opposed to "sang") them through, I realised I had the chords wrong for at least six of them...

Mid afternoon, sister Sheila visited pre her visit to London tomorrow – she’s getting over tonsillitis but has checked with the docs at the Royal Free that she’s ok to go in...

Whilst attempting to play hostess with the mostest, I accidentally (well you don’t really do it on purpose do you?) broke the coffee pot - so resigned to tea drinking today...

Once Sheila bade us farewell, I booked our hire car for our own upcoming visit to Londinium before the Exec Producer rustled up a very tasty Red Thai Chicken Curry for tea...


Then more work on the Capital Models songs, re-doing the misheard chords and finishing off the lyrics and chords for the final nine or so tracks - the ones we probably won't even bother attempting...

So, all in all, I was able to e-mail my quartet of colleagues the words and music to the full twenty three songs we played between September 1979 and August 1980...

Of course the Exec Producer thinks I must be having a mid-life crisis if I'm thinking of reforming a band I left 31 years ago...

Not to worry - working again on this box thing – maybe it’s taking up too much of my time but I'm enjoying the music...



Doesn’t look as good as it could...

And, of course, early this morning (around 6am) I was able to compile a list of around 200 albums released between 1967 and 1979 which are not represented...

A second box perhaps?

Probably not...

Later it'll be “Match of the Day 2” then off to bed...

Back in the swing tomorrow hopefully...

Highlight of the Day : Prog rock...

No comments: