Friday, February 11, 2011

98% water...

Playlist
Alice Cooper – Discography on Shuffleplay
Miles Davis – Big Fun
Miles Davis – On the Corner
Various – Albums Bought 1972-1974
Miles Davis – Doo Bop
Various – Natural Progression (20CD-R)

Man, oh man, up at frankly idiotic 4am - I just could not sleep...

Having the Coop in the cans probably didn’t help...

Here’s the stupid up-too-early-and-full-of-the-cold face...


Meg the Black Cat was with me as usual and, once again, Mr Davis was given a spin...

An hour or so later, I started to tidy the book/HiFi shelves and, of course, whenever a space appeared, the wee pie was into it like a shot...




In this shot, she’d squeezed down behind the white boxes on the floor – they had to be removed to let her out...


One of the things I threw out was my ball of hair...

"Your what?" I hear you ask...

I’ve been adding to it for over a year every time I shave my head...


As you can see, I don't have much hair these days...

Idiot...

Anne got up around 8:30 and headed off to Zumba with chum Lynn...

Mid morning, the postie arrived with a package on which I've been waiting around ten days - however, rather than ringing the bell or knocking to see if anyone was home - first I knew of it was hearing him put his "tried to deliver but you weren't home" card through the letterbox...

By the time I ran into the street, naked apart from my dressing gown and slippers (no pics sadly), he'd gone...

Bugger!

I moped around, continually blowing my nose only to have water squirt out my eyes too...

You know how humans are supposed to be 98% water? Well my 98% seemed to be coming out my nose and eyes today...

Anne returned around midday and we enjoyed the film “Moulin Rouge”, loaned to us by Lynn, who advised it was brilliant and she’d watched it many times, never tiring of it...

At first we thought it was a bit weird and rubbish...

But, by the end, it was just as well my eyes were already streaming from my cold, it disguised the tears...

Great film – if you can stick with it past the first 30 minutes or so...

Spoke with Pam and was pleased to hear her infection levels are tumbling...

Tomorrow I must sort a few things out for sister Sheila’s visit to London next week...

In the evening, I returned to the Prog Rock compilation started in July ’09 whilst recuperating from a shoulder operation...


Having already burned 8 discs back then, I proceeded to burn the rest, ending up with 19, charting prog from 1967’s “Sgt Pepper” through to 1979’s “The Wall”...

I hatched a plan for a 20th disc comprising recent prog – I’ll do that tomorrow...

Late doors, the Capital Models project now has five on board and we’ll play a week tonight and in two weeks time to see if anything happens...

Looking forward to that...

“Law & Order” rounded off a very sniffly day...

Highlight of the Day : The tear-jerking Moulin Rouge...

No comments: