Friday, July 09, 2010

The day of the disappointing sandwich...

Playlist
Dar Williams - Edinburgh Setlist (CD-R)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare (Remaster)
Various - Cafe del Mar Ibiza Volumen Uno y Dos
Martin Lennon - Crow
Mozart - 100 Best Mozart
Alice Cooper - School's Out

Tickets secured today for three events...

Queen of the South's former captain "Big" Jim Thomson's Testimonial Match against Glasgow Rangers next Sunday and two gigs, Michael Rother (playing the music of Neu!) and Eels...

All designated "tasty"...

In FOPP three further foreign language films secured (2xTruffaut, 1xFellini) to add to my big pile of unwatched DVDs...

Also, for no particular reason, volumes one and two of "legendary" chill-out series Cafe del Mar in a 2CD set plus, due to three bonus tracks, the remaster of the Coop classic "Welcome to my Nightmare"...



I didn't buy the floating thumb...

In the evening, Annie in Fife with comrades carousing, me home alone, or home with Meg the Black Cat anyway - did nothing really (apart from prepare and eat a particularly disappointing sandwich) when I have so many things I ought to be doing...

Meg gambolled in the garden...



Eschewed the gym once more - have not now attended since 30 June - a reminder I am paying over £40 a month/£500 a year for the privilege of being bored to death there...

Fatso...

Checked out chum Martin Lennon's impressive new album, "Crow" on Bandcamp - reminded me I was going to migrate all my stuff there...

Picked Anne up from Haymarket just after 9 and we were home in time for the start of the new series of "Old Men" - very entertaining - followed by the continuing "IT Crowd", some "Newsnight", Penn & Teller on Jonathon Ross and new Friday night staple, "Stand Up for the Week"...

Off to bed - not the best day ever...

Highlight of the Day : Comedy on the telly...

2 comments:

impossible songs said...

Probably the best and most obtuse blog title ever.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I think I may have to make "the first in a series..."