Saturday, July 17, 2010

Careful, wet paint...

Playlist
Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny and Mutation
Various - Chilled Out Euphoria
Field Music - Field Music (Measure)
Various - Last 12 Months CDs on Shuffleplay

Up around seven and to the PC for further tweaking of the blogs...

Out at 8:45 for a 9:10 appointment for my bi-annual eye test...

Slight stigmathingummy in my left eye but nothing too serious - I can continue with my reading glasses for the time being...

I am promised e-mails of the fascinating pictures taken of the inside of each my eyes...

To FOPP to meet up with Dr Prog - blue skies on Rose St...



Several CDs were carried around the shop by your correspondent, including collections by The Isley Brothers, Sly and the Family Stone and Gil Scott-Heron - in the end though, just one title was purchased as, on spec, I partook of Field Music's self titled 2009 double CD (double even though the total time of the enclosed music would fit on one disc)...

I can advise this is excellent music with shades of XTC, Gentle Giant and 10cc - not sure if that's an attraction for you of course...

The Doc went off to collect his armband for next weekend's High Voltage Festival in London - we're spending four days down there and I bought my ticket yesterday - an offer from Orange allowed me in fact to secure two weekend tickets for the price of one - shame then that Dr Prog bought his in January or some outlandishly early date...

If I can sell my spare in London, all well and good, if not, no harm done...

The good doctor got me a beauty when we met up after he'd been away at Ticketmaster - advising me the event had been cancelled less than 24 hours after I'd shelled out £135...

Apparently my face was a picture...

Cheeky Dr Prog...

We popped into the Scottish National Gallery of Art at the foot of the mound for a small exhibition by Geoff Uglow...





You can actually still smell the paint from these works...



We were suitably impressed and his work sparked a good discussion as we made our way up to the music library, where I borrowed two discs which, upon listening on the way home in the car, were rather disappointing - plus a 4CD set of Indian classical music for chum Spike's restaurant...

Bidding farewell, till Friday, to the Doc, I made my way home, lunching with Annie then listening to Field Music...



...before we set about putting up a new mirror in the bathroom...

Mission accomplished...



The early evening was spent watching Francois Truffaut's 1964 film "The Soft Skin" - very enjoyable tale of infidelity, stupidity and broken-hearted revenge...

The last in the current (well 2006 anyway) series of "Law & Order" ended a busy day...

Highlight of the day : My eyes are, generally, in good nick after 51 years of use...

No comments: