Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Return of the beast...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Callingstill
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Songs 1996-2010
Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare

First things first - I've started to add the songs and players to the "Callingstill" album website - please check it out...

Absolutely chucking it down this morning...

Here's one of the trees I pictured yesterday, pictured today from beneath the brollie which did not save me from being soaked through...



Yesterday, for the first time in a very long time, I responded in the affirmative to the MBFives e-mail asking who might want to play football tonight...

And so, I played my first game for probably over a year - I don't think I've played since my last shoulder op in June 2009...



Of course it was a game, played in non-stop torrential rain...



I loved it...

Nearly scored a couple of goals (including a screamer of a shot which the opposing goalie just managed to tip onto the bar and which rebounded so far it went for a throw in...

Managed too to make a couple of tackles and contributed a good few passes in the build ups to our three back-from-the-dead goals to end the game 4-4...

Hell even my little old lady goalkeeping technique was to the fore...

Chum Spike also made a return from the wilderness - between us we added up to 102 years of age...

Don't know if Spike'll be up for it next week but I, despite now being almost unable to walk or to negotiate the stairs at Crispycat Towers, hope to return...

A brilliant night...

Highlight of the Day : Return to footie...

No comments: