Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wichita sutra vortex, oh yeah...

Playlist
Various – Last 12 months Acquisitions on Shuffleplay
Philip Glass – The Essential Philip Glass

And again, a scorcher...



Well done to England this afternoon as they managed to beat Slovenia 1-0 to progress to the last 16 of the World Cup (despite me putting money on them to win)...

You’d think though, by the media reaction, that they’d actually won the World Cup...

They play Germany on Sunday...

This evening, to the Usher Hall with Dr Prog to see the Philip Glass Ensemble in concert...



I noticed the lack of a space set up for the cellist...



Unfortunately, she had been taken ill and so the published programme was abandoned but Philip and his percussionist delighted the audience with around 80 minutes of splendid minimalist music...



A drink was enjoyed post concert during which Dr Prog tried to explain to me why it is I ought to support England when they are playing football..

I will be supporting Germany on Sunday – because, before today’s game England were deemed dreadful by their own media but, somehow, post today’s narrow win against the smallest country in the competition and some battling defending to stay in the tournament, those same pundits now think England can win the World Cup...

I can only shake my head in disbelief and explain that this is why Scots don’t support England (except Dr Prog of course!)...

Back home, Meg the Black Cat agreed with me...



Highlight of the Day : Philip Glass

No comments: