Sunday, June 20, 2010

2,001 : No personal appearances planned...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
Various - Last 500 odd CDs on Shuffleplay
Sumner McKane - Discography on Shuffleplay
Tim Arnold - Sonnet 155
The Cramps - Off the Bone
David Bowie - Five Years
Telemann - Oboe Concerti
Philip Glass - The Hours OST

Up unfeasibly early again, around 5:30, to find Meg sleeping under the blanket which covers the sofa bed in the CD room - she is the lump at the left arm of the settee...



It was another beautiful day...



To the PC and worked on the new LP's backing tracks, which I would need, were I ever to contemplate playing live again...

Also bought another CD on e-bay - some prog-metal band I've never heard of and which appears to have zero presence on the web...

Just after nine, cycled to the gym, ran a few miles and cycled back again...

Then out for breakfast to Patiserie Florentin...





...a lovely smokey aroma filled the air on the walk there from the car, due to this man burning deadwood in the nearby garden...



Post breakfast, up to the town and I bought a magnifying glass, a new pair of reading glasses, a CD by The Cramps and a 2DVD set of the films "Koyaanisqatsi" and "Powaqqatsi", both of which feature the music of Philip Glass...

Mr G is the only living composer in my top ten composers (ranked by CDs owned) and is 73 and so possibly not long for this world...



Therefore, against my better judgement re live performances (I prefer to listen to people inside my head and, indeed, for people to hear me inside their's), I am accompanying Dr Prog to the Usher Hall on Wednesday night (at some not inconsiderable expense) to see the Glassmeister "in the flesh"...

Back home, using a CD of the backing tracks created this morning, I had a wee run through the album, trying to sing and play along - the results were not good...

Watched some of Italy v New Zealand before reading reviews and opinions on the net re last night's "Dr Who"...

Then, to Tesco for ingredients...



...re tonight's cooking session by your correspondent - one of my "signature" dishes - leek and pancetta risotto with parmesan...

Telemann's fine oboe concerti soundtracked...



...and, as Anne watched "Chocolat", I cooked...



...the results were good and they were very tasty indeed...



...and I was assisted by perhaps one too many glasses of wine, mixing a very cheeky little Riesling with the Soave I was using in the risotto...



Then, the Brazil v Ivory coast game, before retiring upstairs to watch "Dr Who" again on the BBC I-Player and to write this up and to listen to Sumner McKane again and some Philip Glass...

No doubt lights will be out soon...

Highlight of the Day : Cooking for the first time in a while...

No comments: