Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2,003 : Wolfmeister...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
Various - Last 12 Months' Acquisitions on Shuffleplay
Mozart - String Quartet No 12
Mozart - Symphony No 1
Mozart - Symphony No 4
Mozart - Symphony No 9

Another scorcher...





A walk to Fopp listening to the new running order of the new LP, having already listened to it on the way into town (a) made me bored with it and (b) made me rather depressed about it all...

I think it's finished from a song-writing point of view but then, I still have so much raw material I've not yet worked on so, maybe, as an LP, it's still not finished...

Or maybe I should draw a line under what I've done and start work immediately on a new project...

And that's before anyone's even heard what I've done...

Back home, Anne's tasty pasta nourished and I spent the entire evening watching TV - the Argentina v Greece game sent me to sleep - missing the goals...

This was followed by "Mongrels", a new puppet based comedy on BBC 3, which raised a few good laughs, as did the very short, too short in fact, "Special 1 TV" on the same channel...

A bit of "Newsnight", then this, accompanied by Herr Mozart...

Ended the day starting the mamoth task of ripping my 170CD Box of Mozart's complete works...

Also downloaded the latest offering of new Canadian music from www.zunior.com...

Finally, apologies to any 73 year old readers who e-mailed me in mock indignation at my suggestion on Monday that Philip Glass might not be long for this world having reached that milestone in January...



Can't beat a picture of a cat to round off the day...

Highlight of the Day : Palate freshening Mozart...

2 comments:

nyk said...

Wow. Such an amazing array of lists! Lists are good though. However, I'm more of a Beethoven man myself - i guess Mozart is too much "culture" for me :)

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi Nyk - thanks for stopping by. Beethoven is every bit as much "culture" as Mr M...

He's in my top ten too...