Sunday, December 06, 2009

Moonage daydream...

Playlist
The Flower Kings – The Sum of No Evil
Beardfish – Destined Solitaire
Dio – Inferno : The Last in Live
The Uglysuit – The Uglysuit
Deep Purple etc – Purple Rainbows
Various - 70's Blockbusters
Various Composers - 100 20th Century Classics

Up at 6:30 and listening to Prog Rock...

Watched last night’s “Strictly Come Dancing” – yes it’s come to that...

I want Ali to win...

Tried to learn Nilsson’s hit single “Without You” written by Messrs Ham and Evans from Badfinger of course (but no one beats Nilsson’s 1972 version)...

Took Anne over to sister-in-law Jane’s to join her family watching Hearts lose 2-1 to Hamilton and have two players sent off during the game and another two sent off in the tunnel afterwards...

Meanwhile I headed uptown and started this years Xmas present shop...









Managed also to pick up some things for me – Syd Barrett’s first solo album (I'm listening to it now as I type this up and he really wasn’t that good was he?), a compilation of the best of the Purps and their various offshoots and a double DVD of Tenacious D...

Picked Anne up from Jane’s - husband Bobby seems to read this now reasonably regularly - or at least he looks at the pictures and the playlists - he was asking me about Paul Linklater and telling me about his recent discovery of Thea Gilmore...

We came home and enjoyed a Chinese takeaway - if I pay, I usually tip but I might stop this until the delivery chaps learn how to shut our back gate...

Last night’s “Impressions Show” and the brilliant “The Thick of It” along with three episodes of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” from series 5 were watched...

A James May programme on space flight was fascinating and took me back to the book “Moondust” which I bought a few years back, which contains interviews with, and writings on, the nine men still living of the twelve who walked on the moon between 1969 and 1972...

More surfing, then “Match of the Day 2”...

Highlight of the Day : Space...

No comments: