Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Irresponsible...

Playlist
Grand Funk – Shinin’ On
Grand Funk – Good Singin’ Good Playin’

The day started well, as I set out into a frosty morning...



Soundtracked by the mighty Grand Funk, I had promised Anne an early return despite a late meet with a fund manager up from London, followed by dinner at a tasty wee restaurant, Iris in Thistle Street...

Of course it all went pear shaped...

Drinks in Tigerlily (no longer barred as the psycho doorman responsible has been given the boot) then to the restaurant where the food was excellent...

I enjoyed seared scallops and Italian ham followed by rib-eye steak with fries and green beans...

The wine was flowing and I suspect I drank 2/3rds of a bottle of tasty Spanish Rioja...

Also out were the fund manager and his sales guy and from the offices of “The Man”, Kris with a K, Keith and Yuill...

It all started to get a bit messy when we agreed a bet to be resolved next June – with each of us picking a stock or fund to have improved in price by the greatest percentage...

Meal over, we waved the fund guys off in a taxi for the airport and it was at this point that I ought to have made my excuses and left but oh no...

I was convinced to go to the bar next door for one more drink – then, after more than one more drink, back to Tigerlily for “one more drink” – I eventually left around 10:10, making it home by 11 – three hours later than promised...

The Exec Producer was quite rightly less than happy, and Meg the Black cat didn’t like her tail being accidentally stood upon by a drunken oaf...

Idiot...

Highlight of the day : The lovely food of Iris...

No comments: