Saturday, December 05, 2009

Every child grows up, except one...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Setlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Through the Day
Various – Top 30 Artists MP3 Shuffleplay
Paul Linklater – Smooth Sailing and How
Guilt Machine – On This Perfect Day

Up at 6:30 and listening to recordings I made in September 2008 when I was considering a return to full gigs...

The gigs offered to me recently, which I had to turn down, involved 40 minute sets so I thought I’d take a listen...

Not bad...

At nine, out for breakfast provisions, then cooking it with Anne...

Then, next week’s “Spooks” from last night on BBC3 – more great stuff...

Meg the Black cat also entertained...







Correspondence with Peri Urban, drawing his attention to the last soundscape album I did using the Loop Station back in 2005 and gave it a listen myself – this stuff may form part of what we intend to do soon...

Dug out all the equipment, set it all up and proved to myself how shit I am at playing the guitar...

Oh well...

“Peter Pan” – a live action version not the Disney cartoon – took our fancy in the afternoon – very entertaining but very sad at the same time – brought a tear to the old man’s eye...

At 4:30 drove Anne into a still-packed-with-Xmas-shoppers Edinburgh for the first of her Xmas celebrations this year – heard on the radio that QoS had come from behind to draw 1-1 at home with Inverness – Queens are still second but Dundee are 5 points ahead...

Back home watched a film on Fiver about some superheroes but I don’t know what it was called – I’m sure the star was Tim Allen – aha “Zoom: Academy for Superheroes” – it passed the time...

Got the acoustic out and ran through a 40 minute set – not too bad...

Then watched my third film of the day, “In Bruges” on DVD – funny and tragic...

A call from Anne took me back into town for a midnight pick up...

Highlight of the Day : Peter Pan, childhood memories...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my mate wrote the music for the show, going to see it next week glad to hear it's good and sad, I do like a good blub in me old age!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi Donald - I'm afraid the version we saw was a live action film rather than a cartoon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_(2003_film)

I have heard good things about the Edinburgh show though and of course tha Pan story is timeless...

Yes, old men do need to blub once in a while...