Monday, November 02, 2009

Fill your head with rock...

Playlist
Mendelssohn – Lieder Ohne Worte
Various – Recent Acquisitions on Shuffleplay
T Rex – Ride a White Swan
Eloy – Inside
Eloy – Floating
Focus – Moving Waves
String Driven Thing - String Driven Thing

An uneventful day...



Spent the evening, post a lovely salmon based evening meal, (and other than a break to watch "Flashforward" - getting better) at the PC downloading old LPs I used to have – and some I didn’t...

Recreated this old T Rex compilation, which was released to cash in on T Rextasy – other than “Ride a White Swan” it’s tosh from Tyrannosaurus Rex LPs...



German band Eloy is one whose albums I’ve always swithered about buying but never have...

“Inside” (1973) and “Floating” (1974)...





I do however recall purchasing Focus’ “Moving Waves" from the fledgeling Virgin Records in Thistle Street (now a small sandwich shop) in early 1973...



..and String Driven Thing was another LP I owned back then – although, on downloading tonight, my long held belief that the opening track (and single), “Circus”, was the only decent thing on it was proven to be correct...



Off to bed having source CBS 2LP set “Fill Your Head With Rock” – but that’s for another day...

Highlight of the Day : Listening to old LPs I used to have...

No comments: