Monday, June 29, 2009

Jonas, Thomas, Thomas, Douglas, me...

Playlist
UK – Best of UK
Dream Theater – Black Clouds and Silver Linings
Moby – Last Night
Schubert – String Quintet
Schubert – Last Three Piano Sonatas
Of Montreal – Skeletal Lamping
We Are Scientists – Brain Thrust Mastery
Hawkwind – The Space Ritual
Various – Chilled 1991-2009
Schubert – Complete Trios

Back in the yoke and it wasn’t too bad, even though I felt grim and there was much pain to be felt...

Spirits lifted by a walk along to FOPP at lunchtime though and always good to arrive and see some new bargains – even although I was there on Saturday – they just keep coming...

I’d returned for the two disc set of Schubert’s last three piano sonatas, played by Alfred Brendel and did indeed purchase said disc...

My dear old dad - the sixth anniversary of his passing falls today- would have liked this album...

Not content with buying what I came for however, I also succumbed to discs by Of Montreal and We Are Scientists even though I had not, prior to post purchase, heard a single note played by either band...

The Of Montreal disc has the weirdest cover I’ve seen for a good while...

Here it is, opened out and on display, along with the rest of today’s ill gotten gains...



You will see that, at a measly £3, I could not resist the 2CD+DVD set of Hawkwind’s 1973 classic “The Space Ritual Alive in Liverpool and London” – even though I already have the original CD issue of this...

Finally, I got a bit carried away and snaffled the 3 disc box of Ministry of Sounds “Chilled 1991-2008”...

Enjoyed much of this in the evening while Anne was initially (a) at keep fit with chum Lynn and later on (b) watching Andy Murray playing tennis...

In the last 12 days, I have purchased 47 CDs – I must be stopped...

Highlight of the Day : The feeling I get when FOPP has new bargains on display that I cannot resist...

No comments: